- Judit Gervain – Co-Chair (CNRS & Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France)
- Joe Culver – Co-Chair (Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, USA)
- Heather Bortfeld (UC Merced, Merced, USA)
- Frédéric Dehais (ISAE, Toulouse, France)
- Turgut Durduran (Institute of Photonic Sciences, Barcelona, Spain)
- Adam Eggebrecht (Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, USA)
- Joy Hirsch (Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, USA)
- Fumitaka Homae (Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo, Japan)
- Jana Kainerstorfer (Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, USA)
- Sarah Lloyd-Fox (Birkbeck, University of London, London, UK)
- Chuck Nelson (Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA)
- Hellmuth Obrig (Max Planck Institute, Leipzig, Germany)
- Nadege Roche (University of Caen, Caen, France)
- Fabrice Wallois (University of Picardie, Amiens, France)
The fNIRS 2016 conference is locally hosted by the Institute of Neuroscience and Cognition (INC) of the Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité.
The members of the local organizing committee are Judit Gervain, Claude Meunier, Sophie Bernard, Jean-Claude Baron, Catherine Oppenheim, Jacques Eppelbaum, and Pierre Gressens.